Re: IEEE standard for interval arithmetic approved

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: IEEE standard for interval arithmetic approved
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 21:17:46 +0200

On 6/12/2015 8:18 PM, Julien Bect wrote:
Le 12/06/2015 19:40, Marco Atzeri a écrit :

The problem seems to be that we don't agree on what "source" means.

likely. Sometime happens between upstream developers and packagers

If by "source" you mean the files obtained directly from the repo, then
according to your standards both interval and stk have an issue...

From what I see stk was packaged on 17-May-2015
and the last source change is 12-April-2015.
So I assume the package is updated; or do you have a different
repository from http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/stk/ci/default/tree/ ?

This is just a clone of our main repo, which is at
http://sourceforge.net/p/kriging/hg/ci/default/tree/.

The two were not in sinc.
I would expect that at least they are updated for release.

But anyway: please never package stk directly from the repo. If a
release hasn't been made, it means that the code is not ready to be
released. Please use the latest public release.

If it works and I do not see a long list of bugfixes, sure.

FYI:
stk-2.3.0 builds fine.
interval-0.2.1 does't not build. So some the latest updates
are needed.

And you can trust Oliver to be a very active package developper and
maintainer : if he hasn't made a new release of the interval package, it
means that it is not ready yet. Again, you'll be safer using the latest
public release.

If I was looking for safety, I was not doing this volunteer task
 ;-)

@++
Julien

Ciao