nlinfit in octave

From: AsmaA
Subject: nlinfit in octave
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 19:00:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Olaf,

I need some guidance on wrapping nlinfit on lsqcurvefit/lsqnonlin.

- Implementing RobustWgtFun, where weight functions can be specified to
perform Robust regression
(weights computed from the specified function using the residual from every
iteration) and a non-constant error model [1].

>From what I have understood, the robust weight function/error model modifies
the weights in every iteration and this feature has to be added in the
backend. I'm not clear how Matlab does error parameter estimation for the
error model and how this feature could be added.

-Setting options of nlinfit using statset instead of optimset or
optimoptions [2]. The diarent functions to set similar options in nlinfit is
because it is a part of statistics toolbox in Matlab.

Kind Regards,
Asma.

[1] http://uk.mathworks.com/help/stats/nlinfit.html#btl5_9d-1
[2] http://uk.mathworks.com/help/stats/statset.html