Re: Octave wants to run startup configuration "wizard" in --no-gui mode

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: Octave wants to run startup configuration "wizard" in --no-gui mode
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 02:54:48 -0700 (PDT)

Stefan Mahr wrote
> Am 13.06.2015 um 04:02 schrieb Daniel J Sebald:
>> I think there has been a subtle change in Octave --no-gui behavior in
>> the past ten or twenty changesets that wants to run the "first time use"
>> configuration wizard.  It may be this changeset:
>>
>> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/6fe746def1aa
>> Also load settings and translations in --no-gui mode (bugs #44222 and
>> #45199)
>>

> Thanks for pointing to it. I wondered why my PPA build did not work, but
> locally everything was fine.
>
> Stefan

Oups, I hadn't thought of this side effect. The configuration wizard is the
only place where the user learns about where its settings will be stored.
That's why I enabled it even in --no-gui where settings are now also used.
On the other hand the only real configuration that this wizard currently
proposes is whether to show the news window, which is not relevant in
--no-gui mode.
I'll disable the wizard, until we find another solution (e.g. a --no-wizard
flag).

Pantxo