Re: We need to talk about SourceForge

From: al davis
Subject: Re: We need to talk about SourceForge
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 18:21:08 -0400

> > This problem is bigger than octave-forge.  The GNU project
> > needs  to solve it.
> > Octave isn't the only GNU project that has this need.
> > Gnucap needs something like this too.
> What about using savannah or gna! ?

Gnucap uses savannah.

The point here is not about the project's repositories, but
about the "forge" ....  a place for packages that are NOT really
part of the main program but rather are from the user community.
The people making the packages do not generally have write
access to the project's repository, rather just to their own,
which they can create themselves as they want.

We are talking about octave-forge, not about octave's own
repositories.