Re: RE: [MXE-Octave]Build Failed on CentOS6.6 64bit

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: RE: [MXE-Octave]Build Failed on CentOS6.6 64bit
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 14:10:52 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: Yuji.I
> To: octave-maintainers
> Date: 2015/6/17, Wed 10:21
> Subject: Re: RE: [MXE-Octave]Build Failed on CentOS6.6 64bit
>
> Thanks to your advise, gnutls build successful
> and make finished completely!
>
> but, I faced to next problem.
>
> Reference to http://wiki.octave.org/MXE, the next step is "make
> openblas".
> However, this make is not successed.
>
> log/openblas is  openblas
> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4670997/openblas.openblas>  .
> I haven't heard of "dtrmm_kernel_LN_HASWELL"...

Seeing the log file your system does not support HASWELL assembler code.

On MXE-octave, openblas is generated with DYNAMIC_ARCH=1 as in src/openblas.mk

$(PKG)_MAKE_OPTS := PREFIX=$(HOST_PREFIX) DYNAMIC_ARCH=1 NO_LAPACK=1

for the purpose to use openblas on PCs with different CPU microarchitectures.

If you use your mxe-octave only on the PC using for build, you can omit
DYNAMIC_ARCH=1.

Back up the original src/openblas.mk (e.g. src/openblas.orig.mk) and
modify as (just delete "DYNAMIC_ARCH=1")

$(PKG)_MAKE_OPTS := PREFIX=$(HOST_PREFIX) NO_LAPACK=1

Openblas detects the CPU microarchitecture automatically in the early stage of
"make"
Perhaps the above will change the situation.

However, openblas sometimes mis-detects the CPU microarchitecture.
In the case, you manually set the CPU microarchitecture e.g.

$(PKG)_MAKE_OPTS := PREFIX=$(HOST_PREFIX) TARGET=NEHALEM NO_LAPACK=1

NEHALEM is one of the CPU microarchitecture of Intel.

Perhaps you know the CPU of your PC.
If you do not know it, you can perhaps investigate by

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "model name"
(Example for Ubunutu.)

You can find TARGET list in TargetList.txt in OpenBLAS source file.
For Intel microarchitecture, please see:
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_CPU_microarchitectures

> FYI, on the current condition,  execution "mxe-octave/usr/bin/octave"
> is
> failed.
> =====
> octave: X11 DISPLAY environment variable not set
> octave: disabling GUI features
> /root/mxe-octave/usr/bin/octave-cli-4.0.0: error while loading shared
> libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

> octave: X11 DISPLAY environment variable not set
> octave: disabling GUI features

Strange!

What the below tells?

$ echo $DISPLAY

Usually it is ":0" otherwise you use remote desktop.

> /root/mxe-octave/usr/bin/octave-cli-4.0.0: error while loading shared
> libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

The mxe-octave uses self-built run-time libraries which are not detected by
automatically by operating system so that you have set LD_LIBRATY_PATH in
proper way.

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/root/mxe-octave/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/root/mxe-octave/usr/bin/octave-cli-4.0.0

(/root/mxe-octave/usr/lib might not be correct. Modify it according to your
condition.)

HTH

Tatsuro