Can I redistribute octave-3.8.2 windows binary on my web?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Can I redistribute octave-3.8.2 windows binary on my web?
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 08:27:12 +0900 (JST)

Hello

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/GNU-Octave-3-8-2-builds-for-Windows-possible-to-find-td4671026.html

The author of the post would like get octave-3.8.2 windows binary due to the
reason
described in the above post. As I wrote in the reply, octave-3.8.2 windows
binary
is no longer placed on the internet.

I think that demand of octave 3.8 for windows exists.

For example.
1. Some external projects works on octave 3.8 but not 4.0 at the moment.
2. Octave-4.0 for windows cannot handle path in which non-ascii characters
 contained even if we use cli version octave-4.0.
3. Some written C++ code for oct files is not work on 4.0.0 and
 modifications are required. If users is not the author of the code,
 it is hard to do the modification.

Therefore I would like upload octave-3.8.2 windows binary installer stored in
my local PC
on my web site. I checked http://mxeoctave.osuv.de/ where unofficial window
binaries were
placed but there are not any contact information.

As far as I understand, GPL allows to redistribute binaries without permission
of original
maintainer if binaries are not modified.

I would like to confirm the above to avoid to do illegal manner.

Tatsuro