Re: Qscintilla not found

From: Michele31415
Subject: Re: Qscintilla not found
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 17:23:38 -0700 (PDT)

I always hate replying to my own posts but here's the solution.

The variable that needs to be set is PKG_CONFIG_PATH.  I had that pointed to
a Qt4 directory whose lib subdirectory did not contain the qscintilla libs.
I reassigned that to another version of Qt4 I had that did contain
qscintilla and the "qscintilla not found" error went away.  It didn't matter
that qscintilla was present in /opt/csw/lib - Octave just wasn't looking
there.

So bottom line - if you get this error, look in your Qt4/lib directory and
see if qscintilla is there or not.

Might I suggest that the Octave configure file be modified so that instead
of emitting just "Qscintilla not found", it could add "I looked in x, y, and
z."  That shouldn't be hard to do and would be more helpful to the
struggling builder.