Re: Re: Contributing to Windows (MXE) and Linux versions: cannot, find t

From: John Donoghue
Subject: Re: Re: Contributing to Windows (MXE) and Linux versions: cannot, find the sources on MXE
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 17:24:14 -0400

On 06/20/2015 01:36 PM, address@hidden wrote:
Message: 2
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 13:23:51 -0300
From: Rafael Monteiro<address@hidden>
To: Jordi Guti?rrez Hermoso<address@hidden>
Cc: Octave Maintainers<address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Contributing to Windows (MXE) and Linux versions: cannot
        find the        sources on MXE

Thanks, Jordi.

That makes sense, but I thought it would keep the downloaded files
somewhere. Is there any way I can tell it to "keep the sources", so I can
change them and run make to see the effects on a Windows build? Or else:
can I tell MXE-Octave to get the sources from my local ~/octave folder?
Perhaps I could setup a Mercurial server and tell MXE-Octave to look at my
local repository. Does that make sense? Is there a simpler approach?

I'm curious to know how Octave Windows developers do it.

Regards,

Rafael Monteiro

It does save the download sources in the pkg folder when creating building the subpackages, however none of them are distributed in the installer.

I have been able to then compile octave from sources natively in windows after installing a cross build installer using the --enable-devel-tools option in mxe-octave, however it is _far_ faster to make changes as a patch in mxe-octave and regenerate the mxe-octave installer than it is to recompile octave natively in windows.