Re: parcellfun debug

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: parcellfun debug
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 13:16:31 +0200

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 02:13:08AM -0700, Muhali wrote:
> I need to debug the parcellfun function from the parallel package. The
> function call is within a larger program, which just hangs after the call
> leaving a group of forked processes that don't seem to do anything. The
> program does work if I save the workspace, restart octave and load the
> workspace, or if I just use the corresponding cellfun call, which runs
> without a glitch.
>
> Any ideas how to proceed?
>
> M.

This doesn't seem to be a thread for the maintainers list, but well...

That the corresponding cellfun call works indicates the fault is in
parcellfun itself. Have you the latest version installed? On which
operating system do you use it? Which options did you set? The same as
in cellfun? It's always difficult to help someone else
debugging. First you can increase VerboseLevel to >1. Also, you could
insert commands into parcellfun which printout informative messages if
some steps are performed, e.g. before and after
'isubp = fread (statr, 1, "double");', (parent process)
before and after fload() (parent process) and before
'fwrite (cmdw(isubp), ijob, "double");', (parent process),
printing the value of ijob.

Olaf