Re: PDFLATEXSTANDALONE output is not available

From: Rik
Subject: Re: PDFLATEXSTANDALONE output is not available
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 18:50:12 -0700

On 07/12/2015 06:12 PM, address@hidden wrote:
error: print.m: PDFLATEXSTANDALONE output is not available
From:
"John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>
Date:
07/12/2015 02:59 PM
To:
Octave Maintainers List <address@hidden>
CC:
address@hidden
7bit
Message:
1

After recent changes, I'm seeing this error:

error: print.m: PDFLATEXSTANDALONE output is not available for the Gnuplot graphics toolkit
error: called from
    __gnuplot_print__ at line 147 column 7
    print at line 429 column 14
    plotimages at line 104 column 7

Is it just me?  Am I missing something?  I have gnuplot version 4.6 patchlevel 6 on a Debian system.

jwe

Do you have 'qt' or 'fltk' as an option on that computer?  My understanding of the C++ code is that if no toolkit is explicitly set it will default to one of the OpenGL toolkits before gnuplot.  The script that leads to this error is plotimages.m but that is invoked with '-f' on the command line which is why I'm surprised you're getting gnuplot.

--Rik