Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac OS Yosemite (with gui!)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac OS Yosemite (with gui!)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 20:31:07 -0400

> On Jul 23, 2015, at 4:49 PM, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> bpabbott wrote
>> The GUI works off the main thread, so it should run. But when the GUI is
>> running neither the FLTK or Qt toolkits are on the main thread, so using
>> either of those graphics toolkits should crash Octave.
>
> I checked; basic plotting via qt works. I will do more tests but I am
> currently on a conference.
>
> bpabbott wrote
>> I have XQuartz 2.7.7 installed. The configure script does not find
>> osmesa.h (configure indicates it did not find it), but the make tries to
>> compile __osmesa_print__ anyway.
>>
>> Because I’m using Fink (not Homebrew) my troubles may be different.
>
> Can you try to compile with "--without-OSMesa”?

With that “make” does not try to build Octave's osmesa code. However, my build
still fails.

I’ve attached the errors.

Perhaps my problems are due to using Apple’s clang? and using XQuartz 2.7.7.

clang --version
Apple LLVM version 6.1.0 (clang-602.0.53) (based on LLVM 3.6.0svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin14.4.0
Thread model: posix

I’ll install XQuartx 2.7.1-rc1 and wait on comments regarding clang before
changing anything.

Ben