userpath function implemented - need testers

From: TrucomanX XnamocurT
Subject: userpath function implemented - need testers
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 02:14:30 -0300

Hi
I have implemented

the function userpath() of matlab:

  myuserpath=userpath('reset')
  userpath('/home/username/mystartupdir')
  userpath('reset')
  userpath('clear')

And others interesting (I think so) multiplatform functions as:

% Home user directory, like OCTAVE_HOME()
USER_HOME()
ans=\home\user
and=C:/Users/user

%If exist some_directory directory in the path()
existpath(some_directory)
ans=1
ans=0

% similar a userpath but return a directory not a path
  USERDIR=USER_DIR()
  USERDIR=USER_DIR('default')
  USERDIR=USER_DIR('loaddefault')
  USERDIR=USER_DIR('loadlast')
  USERDIR=USER_DIR('/home/username/mystartupdir')
  USERDIR=USER_DIR('clear')

And I propose a modification  at the end the .octaverc file for it to work userpath and USER_DIR
% .octaverc
if (exist(USER_DIR('loadlast'),'dir')==7)

    disp(['Loaded last startup user directory: ',USER_DIR()]);

end

the files can be download from:
https://code.launchpad.net/~fernando-pujaico-rivera/+junk/userpathlib

I also like information over how submit this modifications.

thanks

Fernando