Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac OS Yosemite (with gui!)

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac OS Yosemite (with gui!)
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 02:42:48 -0700 (PDT)

Mike Miller-4 wrote
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 20:02:21 -0400, Ben Abbott wrote:
>> > On Jul 24, 2015, at 5:55 PM, Ben Abbott <

> bpabbott@

> > wrote:
>> > I looked over the patch and have fixed the problem. I also had
>> > trouble with applying the clang patch. It patches
>> > liboctave/Makefile.in, which is no longer part of Octave’s sources.

Sorry, I possibly screwed up the patches. I will try to clean them up.

Mike Miller-4 wrote
> IIRC, you have clang 3.6, which means you shouldn't need the clang 3.5
> patch at all (it was a bug in that version of the clang compiler only).

I thought so too but it is not the case. Probably Apple is using a
non-standard clang 3.6.

> I edited the Makefile and commented out reference to ICOTOOL.

Mike Miller-4 wrote
> There was a recent change that figures for the manual are built by the
> default toolkit, which means qt if available, then fltk if available,
> then gnuplot. But there is no check ensuring that you also have osmesa
> present and working. I could see that as a worthy enhancement, fall back
> to gnuplot if no osmesa.
>
> --
> mike

That would be great. Getting osmesa seems to be problematic on several
platforms (also ubuntu as seen in the other recent thread)