Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac OS Yosemite (with gui!)

From: Dr. Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac OS Yosemite (with gui!)
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 17:07:56 +0200

>> Mike Miller-4 wrote
>>> There was a recent change that figures for the manual are built by the
>>> default toolkit, which means qt if available, then fltk if available,
>>> then gnuplot. But there is no check ensuring that you also have osmesa
>>> present and working. I could see that as a worthy enhancement, fall back
>>> to gnuplot if no osmesa.
>>>
>>> --
>>> mike
>>
>> That would be great. Getting osmesa seems to be problematic on several
>> platforms (also ubuntu as seen in the other recent thread)
>
> Agreed. I would also like to be able to figure out how to use the osmesa
> support provided by XQuartz. Does anyone know if there are known issues, or
> are we just doing something wrong (not setting LDFLAGS or LIBS correctly?).
>
> Ben

I did some experiments with osmesa but so far without success. homebrew has a
dedicated formula for osmesa
(https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-x11/blob/master/mesalib-glw.rb) but it
disables gl-osmesa which seems to be the most important part.

new question: do you guys have also problems with the titlebar icons? Please
see screenshot here
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2079838/octave4_yosemite_icons.png

Sebastian