building mxe-octave: download of package src-msys-bash fails

From: HG
Subject: building mxe-octave: download of package src-msys-bash fails
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 19:38:39 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to build an Octave Windows installer (or zip-dist) for the
first time (for helping with bug #45610). I use an Ubuntu 14.04 linux
system. But I got stuck during the build process, could someone give me
a hint how to proceed?

Here is what I did so far:

* I have installed all the prerequisites packages for mxe-octave, as
listed for Debian systems in http://wiki.octave.org/Windows_Installer
* I cloned the mxe-octave repo
* I copied a small patch file (for bug #45610) into my local repository,
as mxe-octave-repo/src/stable-octave-1-patchname.patch
* in a command shell I changed to my local repository of mxe-octave and
typed the following commands:
* export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/default-java
* autoconf
* ./configure
* make zip-dist

Then the mxe-octave compilation procedure runs for some hours.
Eventually it stops and says something like "unable to download package
src-msys-bash". When I have a look at the (attached) log file, then I
see that mxe-octave tried to download
"bash-3.1.17-4-msys-1.0.13-src.tar.lzma" from three different servers. I
have tried all three web adresses directly with my web browser, and they
all return something like "404 - file not found".

Am I doing something wrong? How can I go on?

I would be thankful for a helpful hint. Thanks

     Hartmut