Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac OS Yosemite (with gui!)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac OS Yosemite (with gui!)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 15:03:35 -0400

> On Aug 13, 2015, at 1:25 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 2015-08-12 at 23:04 -0700, brian zeng wrote:
>> I my a beginner so I can't figure out the problem.
>
> Nobody else can either. Octave 4.0 does not currently work on Mac OS
> X. Unless you want to spend a lot of time learning how to build
> Octave, I suggest you wait until someone else fixes it.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

Hi Jordi,

I am now able to build on Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) using Fink package management
for the dependencies. I am able to run the GUI, including the qt toolkit, but
off screen printing (osmesa) does not work.

A few patches are needed, and I’m hoping to find the time to push some of them,
but haven’t yet found the time.

Sebastian Schops has managed to build on Homebew. Perhaps he’ll have time to
help Brian.

Ben