octave_value_base::print

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: octave_value_base::print
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:54:30 +0000

Hi,

In version 3.8 the method octave_value_base::print was declared as:
http://octave.org/doxygen/3.8/d3/d35/classoctave__value.html#ae832202ed42066e6cd2b113abcec2f2d

void octave_value::print ( std::ostream &os, bool pr_as_read_syntax = false)
const

while in 4.0 and 4.1 it is declared as:
http://octave.org/doxygen/4.0/d6/d68/classoctave__base__value.html#acb77ca3a656d6754ca4461560c9a5983

void octave_base_value::print (std::ostream & os, bool pr_as_read_syntax =
false)

what was the reason for removing "const"?
this has given me some compatibility trouble for some packages,
I can easily work around it, but I am curious why should the print method be
allowed to be non const?

c.