Variable Editor

From: Michael Barnes
Subject: Variable Editor
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 07:59:13 +0000 (UTC)

It's been suggested that I mention https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8656 here so
that more people can jump on the code. I updated the original patch because a
variable editor was the big thing I missed from Matlab.

Outstanding issues:

Structs don't work, so double-clicking on a struct in a cell array does nothing
at all.

Strings show as one character per cell.

Both of these will need special cases when opening specific variables. Not
difficult but time consuming.

Autofitting cell width carries a processor overhead for every value. It looks
good when opening a 20x20 matrix but opening a 200x200 matrix it becomes
unusable. Workaround: don't select autofit in the options if you're working
with big matrices.

Not entirely matlab-like. Copying and pasting from a cell array with cell
arrays or structs contained within it is messy. Strings within cells require
you to type the quotes.

Thanks,

Michael