Re: impixelinfo

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: impixelinfo
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 15:32:58 +0100

On 27 August 2015 at 00:44, Eric Addison <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Carne,
>
> I am working on impixelinfo() and impixelinfoval() for the image package.
> These functions will be easily implemented if I make a small modification to
> the QtHandles::Figure class to modify the message written to the figure
> toolbar. Is this appropriate or should the code be self-contained?
>
> It will be a bit trickier otherwise, as many of the important objects in
> QtHandles::Figure are private...
>
> Thanks for any info!
>
> Eric

Hi Eric

you should discuss this either on the bug report or on the maintainers
mailing list (which I'm CCing now).

Replying to your question, you should be able to implement those functions
making use of properties and functions that: 1) already exist in Octave core
or 2) are missing for Matlab compatibility.

I have no familiarity with QtHandles so I can't help with the specifics.
If the changes you are suggesting to core (you didn't say which one) are
missing for Matlab compatibility, then yes, otherwise, I guess the answer
is no but someone else that is familiar with QtHandles will give a better
answer.

Carnë