Re: Octave Video Package

From: PrasannaKumar Muralidharan
Subject: Re: Octave Video Package
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:01:44 +0530

Hi Renat,

> I've tried to install package "video" on my Octave 4.0/Win 7 and got this:
>
>>> pkg install -forge video
> Package libavformat was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavformat.pc'
> No package 'libavformat' found
> Package libavcodec was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavcodec.pc'
> No package 'libavcodec' found
> Package libavutil was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavutil.pc'
> No package 'libavutil' found
> Package libswscale was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libswscale.pc'
> No package 'libswscale' found
> configure: error: need libavformat from FFMpeg

The libraries libavcodec, libavformat, libavutil and libswscale are
part of FFMpeg / libav. Video package uses them for decoding/encoding
video data. The installation has failed as those libraries were not
found in your system.

> It seems to me that the package was not supposed to be installed on a
> Windows machine. Am I right?

FFMpeg works in windows (example VLC player uses libavcodec) so the
video package should work too.

Regards,
PrasannaKumar