Re: Kudos to jwe on exception handling

From: Michael Godfrey
Subject: Re: Kudos to jwe on exception handling
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 22:15:12 +0100

On 10/06/2015 09:07 PM, Rik wrote:
All,

I wanted to give a shout out to jwe who has been doing exceptional (pun
intended) work transitioning the core away from using the global variable
error_state.  The implementation began in Darmstadt just 2 weeks ago and if
I grep through libinterp for "error_state" from that time I find 1671
instances.  Today, the number is down to 496.  70% of the instances have
been removed, and most of them it seems in just the last day.  Hip Hip Hurray!

--Rik

Of course, John's work is always exceptional whether working
on exceptions or not.

Anyhow, great that this is well on its way, and without any obvious
disruptions to the dev system.

Michael