Re: Mac VM installer updated

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Mac VM installer updated
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 09:26:21 -0400

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 7:05 AM, edmund ronald <address@hidden> wrote:
Yeah, Vagrant looks like most of this Unix stuff, it's a pain to configure but astonishingly solid once it's running.

My understanding of the fine points is of course zero, but my config has now been in use for something like 6 months, so I am confident that it is solid, if not sophisticated.

As was said at Octconf, first year students often cannot use the command line, and so they won't be using vagrant by themselves. The installer adds an applet which scripts vagrant so the user doesn't need to -shock, horror- type anything.

 There are some Mac issues which have been resolved over time. Ideally I would like to have a one-click installer, but on the other hand I want the user to get the latest and bestest versions of Xquartz and Virtual Box, and Vagrant, for her system  and I'm not sure there is good repository system coordination by the Mac third party vendors ... Any suggestions?

Edmund

My comment was in support of your work.

I just wanted to sow an article that I found helpful. and showed that your approach was great.
Nice to meat you at Octconf.
Doug