Re: Building devel branch with MXE

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Building devel branch with MXE
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 07:02:56 -0700 (PDT)

Rik-4 wrote
> I'm trying to build the development branch of Octave with MXE.  I made a
> tarball from a local repository with 'make dist-bzip2' and placed it in
> the
> pkg directory of MXE.  After that I munged the octave.mk file to look for
> version 4.1.0+.  I've now built all the prerequisites, but I'm failing to
> build Octave itself.  First, the patch octave-1-docinstall.patch doesn't
> apply because it is looking for doc/interpreter/Makefile.in and there is
> now only one Makefile.in at the top-level.  I just deleted the patch for
> the time being.  But now I'm failing on something that looks more
> fundamental, a lack of <sys/times.h>.  This has been in the code
> since 2010
> so it isn't a new requirement.
>
> /home/rik/wip/Projects_Mine/mxe-octave/tmp-octave/octave-4.1.0+/libinterp/corefcn/data.cc:31:23:
> fatal error: sys/times.h: No such file or directory
>  #include <sys/times.h>
>                        ^
> compilation terminated.
>
> If I do a find in the MXE directory it is clear that there is no times.h
> anywhere in the source tree.  Is anyone else having this problem?

In my mxe-octave tree there's no times.h either and it is up-to-date as of
Oct 14., at which date I've cross-built Octave-4.1.0+ that was also
up-to-date then (and that runs fine on my Win7 box).
just to be sure, I searched for but couldn't find times.h in Octave's
installation directory on the Windows side.

I can only suppose that you have some cruft left in your Octave build tree.

Philip