Re: state of the control package - release schedule for control-3.0.0

From: JuanPi
Subject: Re: state of the control package - release schedule for control-3.0.0
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 13:54:37 +0100

Congrats Lukas, hell of a work!

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Lukas Reichlin <address@hidden> wrote:
Gentlemen,
dear Octave community,

In the last two weeks, I held some kind of one-man hackathon, which will culminate in a major new release, control-3.0.0. I have tried to summarize the changes comprehensibly in the NEWS file [1]. Until the release date in late October/early November 2015, I will try to focus on regression and doc fixes only, as well as on improvements to error messages.

However, in order to get a release ready (in the time frame I sought), I had to draw the line at the selection of changesets/improvements I include in that release. The selection criteria were arbitrary to some extent - sorry for that.

Namely, the following items have to wait for control-3.0.x (patch versions):
- Thomas’ improvements for tf2ss conversion
- Doug’s work on 'margin'
- better error handling in oct-files when a SLICOT routine fails

Missing features, outlined in the PROJECTS file [2], will have to wait for control-3.x.0 (minor versions). I have tried to estimate their complexity.

That’s it from my side. Your feedback is welcome!

Best regards,
Lukas

[1] NEWS
http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/control/ci/default/tree/NEWS