C++ implemntation of textscan

From: LachlanA
Subject: C++ implemntation of textscan
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 22:14:18 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings all,

I have almost finished a re-implementation of textscan.m in C++.  A patch
relative to the 4.0.0 release is at
<https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=35295>.  I have very
limited internet access at the moment, but will try to get the latest
mercurial tree and create a "proper" patch.

My biggest concern is that it needs tellg(), which was explicitly disabled
(#if 0) in libinterp/corefcn/c-file-ptr-stream.cc with the cryptic comment
"FIXME", giving no indication of why it was disabled.  I removed the #if 0
it and it passes the test suite on my Linux system (except the SVD test that
always fails).  I don't have access to a Windows machine to see if it causes
problems with their EOL conversions.

I would be very grateful if people could give some feedback on this patch.

Thanks!
Lachlan