Re: Request for write access on OctaveForge server

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Request for write access on OctaveForge server
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 13:41:06 +0000

On 31 Oct 2015, at 10:46, Lukas Reichlin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Octave community,
>
> On Friday morning, I posted control-3.0.0 on the package release tracker,
> just a few hours after parallel-3.0.3 (by Olaf Till). Additionally, I sent an
> e-mail to Carnë, asking him that he should upload it to the OctaveForge
> server as soon as possible.
>
> On Friday afternoon, Carnë published parallel-3.0.3 on the OctaveForge server
> and removed its ticket on the package release tracker, but he failed to do so
> for control-3.0.0 for no apparent reason. He did not respond to my enquiry on
> Friday evening, and control-3.0.0 is still waiting for being published on
> OctaveForge until now.
>
> As I have been working very hard on improving the control package during the
> last few weeks (and as I am on edge), this situation is very frustrating to
> me (and it is not the first time).
> Therefore I am asking kindly for write acces on the OctaveForge server so I
> can publish my future package releases (control and quaternion) on my own.
>
> Best regards,
> Lukas

Lukas,

I totally agree with all other replies to your email,
I am sure this delay is just due to lack of time from Carnë
and the correct way to avoid similar problems in the future
is to add more release technicians to Octave Forge.

If you would like to be one of the volunteers working on package
release I would fully support your offer.

c.