Re: default colormap

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: default colormap
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 18:02:19 -0500

On Sun, 2015-11-01 at 23:57 +0000, Carlo De Falco wrote:

> The purpose of this changeset:
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/17e507df10e3 was to
> change the default colormap for the 4.2 release.

Btw, why can't we just set it to parula? I can't see why this colour
map is any different from our existing ones that match Matlab's. It
doesn't matter how the Mathworks created parula as long as we
replicate parula without consulting Matlab's source code.

How did we replicate the other colour maps?

- Jordi G. H.