Re: Proposal for new Octave website

From: edmund ronald
Subject: Re: Proposal for new Octave website
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 03:53:10 +0100

I like the design a lot. It is very clean.

On the other hand, if one cannot edit directly links will go stale, mistakes go unfixed. The wiki has the advantage that one can just update at will. I wonder if some solution can be found so it becomes easy to edit these new pages.

Edmund

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 1:56 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2015, at 5:02 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> While asking for contributions for a new website, Alex Krolick has
> contributed the following proposal:
>
>    http://whokilledtheelectricmonk.github.io/octave-web/install/
>
> Source code:
>
>    https://github.com/whokilledtheelectricmonk/octave-web
>
> I think it looks really good. Alex seems interested in contributing
> this as our new website. What does everyone else think?
>
> - Jordi G. H.

The Mac OS install page mentions Homebrew, but not Fink or Macports. Until there are installable binary packages available, perhaps it would be better if that page just points to the proper page on the wiki?

        http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_MacOS_X

Ben