Re: Mac OS Binary

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: Mac OS Binary
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 07:46:58 -0800

On Nov 10, 2015, at 07:24, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

On 10 Nov 2015, at 15:59, Marius Schamschula <address@hidden> wrote:

On Nov 10, 2015, at 8:18 AM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

On 10 Nov 2015, at 14:19, Marius Schamschula <address@hidden> wrote:

The upstream licenses are the same.
ok, so what you suggest is get the list of packages from homebrew the use macports to read the license of each package?
sounds like a lot of work, doesn't it?
c.

What I’m saying is that Homebrew formulas do not specify the license, whereas MacPorts Portfiles have a required field that does.
You are certainly welcome to reinvent the wheel.

I am not sure I understand what you are actually proposing to do, can you explain the steps you suggest to follow?

Marius
c.

Fink displays the license that we apply for each package in our online package database, e.g.

http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/szip

I’m surprised that the other systems don’t do the same thing.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison