Re: value extractors for octave_value class

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: value extractors for octave_value class
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 15:53:11 -0500

On 11/11/2015 11:59 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:

I would rather not use different names for these functions just to avoid
that error, as it seems awkward to have to write something like

   args(0).vector_value_with_msg ("foobar: FILE must be a string");

For now I'm using names like xstring_value, xcell_value, and so on for functions that accept these error message arguments. They will not do any type conversions. These changes will at least allow me to continue working on eliminating error state. We can decide whether to keep these names or use something else later (but before the 4.2 release).