Re: Mac OS Binary

From: Sebastian
Subject: Re: Mac OS Binary
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 10:38:12 +0100

> I’m running Mac OS 10.10.6 one a late 2011 Macbook Pro (i7). Unfortunately
> the app bundle does not run for me and exists without any hint or complaint.
> From the command line, I get ...
>
> PATH=/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/bin/:$PATH;cd
> ~;/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/bin/octave --force-gui
> octave exited with signal 4

What a pity.

Am I right that signal 4 refers to illegal instructions? So maybe the it's a
matter of architecture? However, the i7 should be more than enough...
I compiled it on a Macbook Pro i7 using 10.10.5 in a virtual machine with
command line tools 7.1:

pkgutil --pkg-info=com.apple.pkg.CLTools_Executables
package-id: com.apple.pkg.CLTools_Executables
version: 7.1.0.0.1.1444952191

It works also on 10.11.2 beta on the host. I did not try any other machine so
far.

Maybe you have a different version of the command line tools installed? Could
that be a reason?
Does any other program from /Applications/Octave.app/Contents/bin run on your
machine (e.g. gcc-5 --version)?

Thanks for testing, bye
Sebastian