Re: Mac OS Binary

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Mac OS Binary
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 17:36:19 +0000

On 14 November 2015 at 19:35, Sebastian <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> can you try the following Octave 4.0.0 build based on homebrew? It
> should run on >10.10. I will create a wiki-page once one of you has
> confirmed that the file is actually working...
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7gq5fe7badj40s/Octave-Installer.dmg?dl=0
> [...]

I can't test it as I don't have a Mac but I have a question about it.
Why are both GraphicsMagick and ImageMagick packaged?  Octave needs
one or the other but not both (they are two libraries for image IO
with compatible APIs).

Also, looking inside the dmg file, I see GraphicsMagick was built
with quantum depth 8 and ImageMagick with quantum depth 16.  This
is kinda of confusing to me.  Why is that?

Turned out to be two questions.

Carnë