Re: Mac OS Binary

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Mac OS Binary
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 23:38:07 -0800

On Nov 14, 2015, at 11:35 AM, Sebastian <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear all,

can you try the following Octave 4.0.0 build based on homebrew? It should run on >10.10. I will create a wiki-page once one of you has confirmed that the file is actually working...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7gq5fe7badj40s/Octave-Installer.dmg?dl=0

The final dmg will have a nice background, readme.txt, a GPL information and the list of dependencies that I have attached to this mail; after our discussion on the mailing list I consider this as sufficient for shipping.

The creation of the dmg is totally automated (script attached), so we could offer daily builds of the development version if we like to.

Bye
Sebastian

<dependencies.txt><install_octave.sh>

It works for me. I am on a Mid-2014 MBP with OSX 10.10.5 and Homebrew that has Octave installed (though in a later thread comment you said having Homebrew installed likely shouldn’t matter).

The one problem I see is that the close and expand buttons for each of the panels is over the top of the text of the name of the panel. See a screenshot at
http://imgur.com/W16amuu

John S