Re: Mac OS Binary

From: Sebastian
Subject: Re: Mac OS Binary
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 21:25:10 +0100

> Im running OS X 10.10.5 with an Intel Core i7 processor.
> The app does not run when executed and if attempted from command line it
> exits like this:
>
> ~/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/bin/octave
> octave exited with signal 4

Your CPU seems to dislike some instructions. I compiled probably using too
aggressive compiler optimizations. I expected that it would work will all
current Mac CPUs but this seems to be wrong (in particular there seem to be
different i7 generations). I am right now recompiling with arch=core2. This
should do it for all Intel Macs.

Sebastian