Re: Mac OS Binary

From: Sebastian
Subject: Re: Mac OS Binary
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:01:24 +0100

> Am 17.11.2015 um 03:35 schrieb Ben Abbott <address@hidden>:
>

>> On Nov 16, 2015, at 5:13 PM, Sebastian <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Your CPU seems to dislike some instructions. I compiled probably using too
>>> aggressive compiler optimizations. I expected that it would work will all
>>> current Mac CPUs but this seems to be wrong (in particular there seem to be
>>> different i7 generations). I am right now recompiling with arch=core2. This
>>> should do it for all Intel Macs.
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> please find a new binary (compiled with -march=core2) here
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukpeb4uyw66v0qx/Octave-Installer-rev4.dmg?dl=0
>> If plotting does not work, you may want to switch to gnuplot.
>>
>> Sebastian
>
> Hi Sabastian,
>
> This one runs, but when I tried using the qt toolkit, I had to force quit.
>
> Ben

qt seems to be very crashy on some machines (in particular when plotting) while
it works great on others. For example, in my 10.10 virtual machine it crashes
all the time, on the host (10.11) the same binary works great. I still do not
know why. Any help appreciated. Find my latest build script attached.

I will distribute another octave build soon without GUI (I am currently
compiling it). It's better than nothing....

Bye
Sebastian