Re: Mac OS Binary

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Mac OS Binary
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 11:52:43 -0800 (PST)

vicnorton wrote
> I'll be getting a new i5 iMac in a few days (OSX 10.11), Sebastian. Will
> your installer work on this. I'd certainly prefer a good binary to the
> Homebrew route.
>
> Vic

I believe yes. The binary works great with El Capitan (OSX 10.11). There are
strange bugs with 10.10 that I am trying to fix right now (it seems qt4 is
guilty but I do not see how). However, I would still recommend the homebrew
route. It's actually quite easy and more flexible. I am creating the binary
mainly for very inexperienced users. Let's chat about this once your Mac has
arrived :)

Sebastian