Re: OSMesa >= 9.0?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: OSMesa >= 9.0?
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 00:59:51 -0500

On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 20:39:26 -0500, Doug Stewart wrote:
> I get these error messages.
>
>  GEN      doc/interpreter/splinefit4.png
> error: __osmesa_print__: Depth and stencil doesn't match, are you sure you
> are using OSMesa >= 9.0?
>

> but I have done what it says here:
>
> http://wiki.octave.org/OSMesa
>

> So I must have more that 1 version of OSMesa.
>
> I am on ubuntu 14.04.
>
> How do I find out how many versions of OSMesa I have, and how to get rid of
> the ones I don't want??

I have seen a few people report this error with Ubuntu 14.04 on #octave
and on the mailing lists:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2015-10/msg00127.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2015-12/msg00014.html

What system version of libosmesa6 is installed?

I have tried to reproduce by building the default branch in a 14.04
docker container and I don't get these errors. Can you try a completely
fresh build? I wonder if recent system updates may be messing something
up if you had built Octave before.

--
mike