Re: Sci-cosim toolbox approval for source forge

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Sci-cosim toolbox approval for source forge
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 08:02:27 -0500

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 7:22 AM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 1:49 AM, Romanov Alexey <address@hidden> wrote:

04.12.2015, 02:13, "Doug Stewart" <address@hidden>:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Romanov Alexey <address@hidden> wrote:
>> have you installed Toolbox backdoor in Scilab? It can be installed with atoms manager (technical category)
>> After installation scilab should  print in console, that backdoor toolbox had started
>> Please contact me if it  won't  help
>>
>> Alexey Romanov
>
> How do you install toolbox backdoor in Scilab?
> I need to know all the steps to make this work.
>
> --
> DAS

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 1:49 AM, Romanov Alexey <address@hidden> wrote:
1)Start Scilab
2)Press MainMenu->Applications->Module manager ATOMS
3)In the list choose Technical
4)Then choose Backdoor
5)Mark autoload tick in the bottom-left
6)Press Install
7)Restart Scilab
8)After restart it will print something like
BackDoor: listening to connections on TCP port 28020

Now you can start Octave and connect to Scilab with sci_connect function

Alexey Romanov

Thank you this was very helpful.

I am on Ubuntu 15.10 and I found that item 5) could not be done in that order.
It was done automatically for me when I did 6)

So now it makes a connection :-)

I next tried the example that was in your pkg and it ran to the point of opening the .mat file.
Here it gave an error message:

error: load: unable to determine file format of 'sci_vars_transfer.mat'

With a little bit of debugging I found the the .mat file was empty.

So at line 35 in sci_getvar.m you have:
   cmd=sprintf('\\savematfile(''sci_vars_transfer.mat'',%s,''-v7'');\n',arglist);
    send(sci_sim_client,cmd);

This results in an empty .mat file.

What can I do to further help you to get this working.

I have used scilab before and have some files that do transmission line reflection demos
that I want to get going from Octave.

Doug

DAS

I see now that I am trying to run a file in Scilab, that doesn't exist.

Could you make a complete demo that works please.

--
DAS