Re: octave 4.0 - Centos 5.

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: octave 4.0 - Centos 5.
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 13:45:38 -0500

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 13:09:13 -0300, Claudio Donoso wrote:
> Dear sirs,
>
> Is it possible to get  octave 4.0 for Centos 5 ?
>
> I need it for Coursera "Machine Learning" . I'm just starting the course
> and I down loaded the software from Epel, but the  release  is 3.0.

It is possible if you are willing to build Octave from the source
distribution yourself, I do so regularly.

> Graphical capabilities are importatnt for the assignments.

By which I assume you mean the ability to draw and export plots? This
will indeed work just fine using either the Gnuplot or FLTK backends.

The graphical user interface will not be functional unless you are also
willing to build a new version of the Qt framework from source.

--
mike