Re: GNU Octave Contribution

From: Rik
Subject: Re: GNU Octave Contribution
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 11:23:56 -0800

On 12/09/2015 04:32 PM, address@hidden wrote:
Subject:
GNU Octave Contribution
From:
sheetal shalini <address@hidden>
Date:
12/09/2015 12:34 PM
To:
address@hidden
Message:
6

I have posted on the IRC channel multiple times, but got no response. This is the only means of contact i got. Please do guide me along. I have been developing tools for Scilab. So i am competent enough to do so with ease in Octave. And i am keenly interested for the same.
Looking forward to an early response.

Thank You.

Regards,
Sheetal Shalini,
2nd year Btech CSE
NITK Surathkal

Sheetal,

The first step to contributing is to make sure that you have all the development tools in place and can build your own copy of Octave from source code.  See the bottom part of the Getting Involved page at http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/get-involved.html.  You will need to install the Mercurial version control system and then use the instruction on the cited page to get a copy of the source code.  Most core Octave development takes place in a GNU/Linux environment so it will be easier if you start with that system.

If you have everything working you might drop in on the code sprint that is happening this weekend to meet other people who code for the Octave project.  See http://wiki.octave.org/2015_Code_Sprint.

--Rik