Re: Ubuntu osmesa problems

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Ubuntu osmesa problems
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 17:32:05 +0100

Am 14. Dezember 2015 17:23:24 MEZ, schrieb Mike Miller <address@hidden>:
Andy (and all),

It's been confirmed that a recent update to the Ubuntu packaging of
OSMesa breaks the __osmesa_print__ function in Octave, and not just for
Nvidia users. I think this has something to do with multiple conflicting
libGL function definitions. See bug #46675 for details.

This only affects 14.04 users, for now, it would be nice to address this
before 16.04 happens in a few months.

Is there a simple non-Octave test program I can submit to the Ubuntu bug
tracker to demonstrate the problem? Any suggestions to the Ubuntu X
packagers on how to address this?

Thanks,

Hi Mike,
The mesa tests have two osmesa examples which create a ppm with a toroid and a cone. You'll find a link in the bugtracker for "osmesa segfaults with nvidia" thread.

The problem is, that osmesa now includes the mesa libGL and octave links against osmesa and the system libGL? Would it possible to let Octave just use osmesa and The included libGL and not system libGL? This would also solve The problem with nvidia/AMD proprietary drivers.

--Andy
--
sent from my Zuse Z22. Please excuse my brevity.