Re: Sci-cosim

From: Oliver Heimlich
Subject: Re: Sci-cosim
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 07:52:00 +0100

On 14.12.2015 13:51, Romanov Alexey wrote:
>>>  I think he already answered that. At least one more step is to create a
>>>  mirror of the git repository within the Octave Forge project which must
>>>  be kept up to date as releases are made.
>
> How can I make this mirror?

The repository can be created by Carnë. You can then push your changes
to the mirror repository with “git push forge master” (or a similar
command).

See https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Basics-Working-with-Remotes

>>>  Alexey should also ensure that package releases have an up to date
>>>  DESCRIPTION and NEWS file, and that the generate_html package works and
>>>  produces browsable docs for the functions provided by the package.
>
> There is no problem in supporting this package for me, because we are using
> it at my work.
> Do you have any manual  or HOWTO for  generate_html

There is a simple HOWTO on this site, which exmplains the release process:
http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html

If you need more information, look at the package site:
http://octave.sourceforge.net/generate_html/overview.html

These slides from OctConf 2015 could also be useful:
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki/images/2/29/OctConf-2015-Octave-packages.pdf

Best,
Oliver