Help backing out a regression to Gnuplot on stable

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Help backing out a regression to Gnuplot on stable
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:44:28 +0000 (GMT)

A regression to print() occurred as a result of a proposed fix for bug 46122.

The changeset is af5591ef9790

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/af5591ef9790

The original bug report was’t a problem with Octave, but with the clumsy way which Mathworks setup the Paper* properties and hence the common confusion which follows. A second bug report covering the same issue for OpenGL was also reported, #46292.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?46292

I’ve responded on both reports and provide syntax to produce the desired result.

In any event, this change will need to be backedout. I assume it is desired to use “hg backout -r af5591ef9790” and some other modifiers to property merge everything. This change should also be merged into the default branch. I’m not familiar with using “backout” or with the process of merging a change from stable to default.

John/Rik, is this something one of you can quickly take care of for me.

I have additional changesets for Gnuplot to follow. As far as I can tell, they will all be pushed to default.

Ben

p.s. I'm using web-mail to get around a firewall which blocks email. Apologies if this isn't plain text.