Best approach to error() code in __glpk__.cc?

From: Rik
Subject: Best approach to error() code in __glpk__.cc?
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 09:40:59 -0800

All,

Is anyone familiar enough with the __glpk__ code to say what should happen
in the following case?

-- __glpk__.cc:175 --
if (save_pb)
  {
    static char tmp[] = "outpb.lp";
    if (glp_write_lp (lp, NULL, tmp) != 0)
      {
        // FIXME: This doesn't work anymore now that error does not return.
        //        Should longjmp just be deleted?
        error ("__glpk__: unable to write problem");
        longjmp (mark, -1);
      }
  }
-- End Code --

I added the FIXME note.  It seems like we could either:

1) Delete longjmp because it is no longer reachable
2) Downgrade the error() to warning() and preserve the call to longjmp
3) ??? Alternative solution ???

--Rik