Re: Latex interpreter via Mathjax + Qt

From: Michael Godfrey
Subject: Re: Latex interpreter via Mathjax + Qt
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 11:48:44 +0000

On 01/13/2016 09:36 AM, Pantxo wrote:
@Michael: in physics at least, there are still many important publishers
that prefer eps (e.g. [1, 2]) figure format.
I have been aware of this, but of course they then do the
EPS to PDF conversion for you. This does sometimes introduce
problems (right now I think that some of the recent problems with
epstopdf have been fixed) but this is still an unnecessary step.
One reason that they do this is that they prefer to do the composition
and layout for you. Other Journals provide their "style guides"
so that you can produce the "final"  .tex or .pdf  from your LaTeX
source including whatever figures you have.  Many of the technical
book publishers, such as Cambridge and MIT, accept PDF for book
publication. I and others much prefer this. It is pretty annoying,
as has happened to quite often, to find that the publisher has edited the
provided .tex files and introduced typos. It is an important step
forward that those problems can be eliminated.

But, you are right that EPS will still be around for a while.

Michael