Re: This doesn't look right

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: This doesn't look right
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 18:00:18 +0000

On 20 January 2016 at 00:40, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
> All,
>
> Does anyone have thoughts on this routine in xpow.cc?
>
> static void
> gripe_failed_diagonalization (void)
> {
>   gripe_failed_diagonalization ();
> }
>
> It seems to call itself recursively with no exit.  This is a local gripe in
> xpow.cc:58 and the function does not exist anywhere else in the OCtave code
> base.

hg blame tells me it was added in 19d6f94c21cb [1] but there isn't any
details on the commit message.  Maybe it was some unfinished work?

> The second oddity is in event-queue.h
>
> class
> event_queue_safe : public event_queue
> {
> private:
>
>   static void gripe_exception (void);
>
> This private function has a prototype, but no implementation anywhere.  If
> this is really meant to be a do-nothing function then it should at least
> have a comment to that effect.  Anyone know why this is the way it is?

hg blame tells me it was added in 1054ab58cd58 [2] but again, there isn't
many comments.  However, looking at the rest of the commit it seems to
be copied code from unwind_protect_safe (compare with [3]) so maybe it was
just a copy and paste mistake?

Carnë

[1] http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/19d6f94c21cb
[2] http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/1054ab58cd58