Re: GCC_ATTR_UNUSED -> OCTAVE_UNUSED in packages (here: odepkg)

From: Rik
Subject: Re: GCC_ATTR_UNUSED -> OCTAVE_UNUSED in packages (here: odepkg)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 09:13:07 -0800

On 01/27/2016 12:57 AM, Schöps, Sebastian wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> as far as I can see "GCC_ATTR_UNUSED" was recently renamed to
> "OCTAVE_UNUSED". This breaks compatibility with some packages (e.g. odepkg).
> In the case of odepkg the fix is rather easy (just a search and replace
> exercise) since the next release of odepkg will be for >=4.1 only anyway.
> However, other packages may want to stay backward compatible and may need "if
> defined" statements.
>
> @Jack: maybe I forgot, but is there already a repository with the new
> development branch for >=4.1? I could commit the (simple) changeset.
>
> Bye
> Sebastian

Dang.  I had tried the following Google Search

"GCC_ATTR_DEPRECATED" site:http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/

which didn't return any hits.  This probably indicates that we do need a
better way of downloading the Octave-Forge code in a single bundle so that
one can use grep on it.

Certainly we could add back the GCC_ATTR_XXX definitions in
oct-conf-post.in.h, but if they are only used in this one package then it
would be easier to just change the one package.

--Rik