gnulib updated, may need to bootstrap

From: Rik
Subject: gnulib updated, may need to bootstrap
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 15:07:26 -0800

1/31/16

All,

On new Linux distributions the build system is now throwing out messages
like this

ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default (see `U')

whenever a link is done.  This produces a fair number of annoying messages
since we use automake in such a fashion that many subdirectories are built
as helper libraries first (and linked) before being linked into a single
library such as liboctave or liboctinterp.  There seems to be a bit of
confusion/finger pointing about who caused all this.  This is one
discussion:
http://gnu-automake.7480.n7.nabble.com/bug-20082-new-warning-from-ar-on-rawhide-systems-td21769.html.

gnulib and libtool have fixed their portion of the problem so I have
updated gnulib to get that patch.  This may mean you need to run bootstrap
again if you are building from Mercurial sources.

I'm still seeing the messages so there is probably a fix that needs to be
applied to automake at some point to.

--Rik