Re: interval 1.4.0 released

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: interval 1.4.0 released
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 12:24:18 -0500

On 02/10/2016 05:05 PM, Oliver Heimlich wrote:
On 10.02.2016 18:05, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
I tried the interval package (latest version packaged for Fedora 23
(octave 4.0.0, interval 0.2.1) and got this:

infsup(1)
error: 'mpfr_to_string_d' undefined near line 87 column 25
Did you upgrade from an earlier Octave version without recompilation of the package?
Yes, I didn't realize that I had my own version of interval instead of a system-installed one, most likely compiled against some old version of Octave, which I since upgraded from the Fedora system repositories.
Maybe 'pkg load' should warn if it was compiled against a different Octave version that the current one? Is there a way to query the package about the environment in which it was compiled?

I tried to reproduce: Installed Fedora 23 together with Octave 4.0.0.

I was going through the examples from http://octave.sourceforge.net/interval/package_doc/Examples.html when I got the errors I reported. I just tried it again and could not replicate my own errors now. Originally, I tried 'pkg install' in the same octave session where I tried the old interval package---perhaps this messed something up. Sorry for the trouble---it's all good now.