C++11 now default?

From: Rik
Subject: C++11 now default?
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:30:36 -0800

2/18/16

All,

Changset 21304:0cf6c08cb252 uses Autoconf macros to check for the presence
of a C++ compiler that supports the 2011 standard, and defaults to that
compiler if it exists.  This is producing a lot of warnings because the
Octave code base is not written to that standard.  For example:

 ./liboctave/util/unwind-prot.h:71:14: warning: 'template<class> class
std::auto_ptr' is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

I don't mind shifting if that is the consensus decision, but we should make
it a conscious choice.  It has been 5 years since the standard was
published, but I'm sure Octave also gets compiled on ancient machines where
there may not be a 2011-compliant compiler.

--Rik